Where? When? Watch this page or social media all through the month for cooking demos, vendor news, and even a few speakers!
Our Expo Feed contains updates and all the prerecorded content as it is released. We are working to make all content closed captioned.
Schedule of Live Events
The schedule of live events is being formed now. We are hoping to have ASL interpreters for our live events, but we’ll need at least one person requesting it in advance (contact us). Some events are run by partner organizations. Currently scheduled:
- September 7-27 (Monday) 21 Days of Love Vegan Kickstarter. Would you like to go vegan? Join this free local support program for a special Rochester VegFest session!
- September 8 (Tuesday) 6:00 PM. Vegan Queso Cooking Demo with Ali from Spirit and Abundance. Zoom. Free but registration required.
- September 12-26 (Saturday to Saturday) 15-Day Whole-Food Plant-Based Jumpstart. Interactive Zoom-based program with medical supervision, cooking class, and virtual potluck. For medical practitioners: starting in September, a CME (professional education) program will be available based upon Jumpstart, with 10 credits for participation in Jumpstart and 10 credits for video-based plant-based instruction. Information at roclifemed.com
- September 16 (Wednesday) 6:00 PM. Chorizo Lentil and Apple Sausage Cooking Demo with Ali from Spirit and Abundance. Zoom. This class includes a kit so you can cook along with Ali! $25 plus optional delivery – see details and registration.
- September 17 (Thursday) 7:00 PM. Neal Barnard, MD speaks on Your Body in Balance (Hormones and Plant-Based Diet). By Zoom, with Q&A after the lecture. Sponsored by Rochester Lifestyle Medicine Institute (RLMI). Free but requested donation. Register at roclifemed.com.
- September 24 (Thursday) 5:30 PM Michael Greger, MD Video stream of lecture, How Not To Diet: Evidence-Based Weight Loss; 7:00 PM Live (via Zoom) Q&A with Dr. Greger. Sponsored by Rochester Lifestyle Medicine Institute. Free but requested donation. Register at roclifemed.com.
- September 26 (Saturday) Deaf Vegan Workshop with Sandria Graham. Brenda Palmigiano, and Sign up at rochesterveg.org.